Tuesday, June 16, 2009

You've heard about swamp thing....what about swamp juice? Raw Vegan Organic Homemade Juice

This juice may look swampy and far too healthy to be tastey, but you are mistaken! This juice is chock full of vitamins and still a tastey little breakfast.
What brand of juicer do I recommend? Omege 8003 is the model that I have, and your pulp will come out bone dry! I also use only organic items when I juice, but that is really up to you. So here goes, welcome to my swamp thing juice!!!

You will need:

4 carrots

4 celery stalks (leafs can be juiced as well)

1 bunch of red kale (other kales are fine too!)

2 heaping hands full of fresh spinach

2" piece of ginger root

6 apples of your choice

any lettuce in your fridge you fear might not get used

1 lemon


Please, if you have a dog, when you feed your apples thru your juicer, remove the seeds, the apple seeds are not good for dogs. Other than that, juice all of the items, swirl the juice around in a big container, then serve. Store extra in the fridge for a little pick me up throughout the day. I drink only juice until noon, then I have a lunch. Juice is a great way to start your day, especially if it is "hand"squeezed!

Now why did I mention your dog? I take all of my pulp from juicing and mix it up with my dogs food, extra fiber and a nice little treat for them. If you feed regular ole dog food to your dogs (the dry stuff) mix the fiber in with some water or oil, to make it yummier and more appealing to your dog. If you dont have a doggie to give your pulp to, you can freeze it for soup stock, or throw it in your compost with some leaves and other ruffage. I hope you enjoy your swamp juice!

3 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

Fabulous recipe! I plan to start juicing A LOT in the next few weeks, once I get my greedy vegan hands on a juicer. I will definitely try this out.

And I love the doggy suggestion. I'm always looking for ways to add more fresh veggies and healthy fiber to my dingo's diet!

Vegan Dog's Life said...

That's such a great idea to give the remains to pups! I've been considering only consuming fruit until lunch.... I might just have to give it a try. :)

Holistically Heather said...

make sure you give your body a good amount of time to digest fruit before you eat an actual meal. The best is to wait 3-4 hours before eating a meal after having a nice juice.
Molly you will feel great if you juice til lunch!