Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A truckload of craft supplies....literally!

I recently found a listing on freecycle for a bunch of random boxes of craft supplies, and you bet your butt I answered! We made the drive out to the middle of nowhere, and loaded up the entire back of our pickup truck! There was about 20 boxes total, all filled with totally random things, some useful and some junk. It took about a week to go through everything we found, dividing what we wanted from the trash.



We took all of the fabric over to grammas and did about 8 loads of laundry worth. All of the fabric is vintage and some of it is super cute. I cant even fathom photographing all of the fabric, so there are just a few examples.



A big huge box of tatting crochet yarn and supplies.



Thread and about 25 unopened packages of rick rack and different trims and ribbons.





Rusty knitting needles and crochet hooks, brand new ones, and useable ones...we found hundreds in total of knitting needles and hooks. We even found 6 or 7 already started knitting projects, mostly sweaters.




Tons and tons of sewing patterns, atleast 100 different patterns and some repeats. All of them seem to be in good condition and have all of the parts of the pattern.




A big pile of perfectly good, unused yarn that I think I will use when I make scarves for the local homeless shelter this year.





There was even a really cute letter written to the woman from her granddaughter, who is about the same age as me, and I am 27 now! So many nifty little treasures in those boxes.



I am almost completely done going through everything, and I would guess that there is about 200 yards of fabric, easily. Along with a box full of little premade vintage kits for kids to put together for the holidays. I wish I would have thought to take a photo of them, but they are already all packed away!

11 comments:

Kate8085 said...

Holy Sh...that is a ton of stuff!
SCORE!

Heather said...

Yeah.. wow! That is super! Awesome you are knitting scarves for the homeless shelter, how wonderful of you!! Hugs n Veggies, Heather :)

katy said...

oh, wow! gotta love freecycle! ^.^

Shantessa Knutson said...

Wow i think i hate you!
lol Just kidding
if you need to swap any of that stuff away you know where to find me :) lol!

ARTISANNE said...

Heaven!!
And I love you're doing scarves for the homeless shelter.
That's so wonderful finding the letter, I bet the girl who wrote it would love to read it now. :0)

Holistically Heather said...

I know, i wish i could find that little girl, all grown up!!!

Butterfly-Crafts said...

Oh my goodness im envious! Well and truely envious!

Victoria said...

Wow, you hit the mother load! Good for you and yay freecycle!

Jacaranda Designs said...

Wow...you really scored!

lucy said...

lucky you!! It's great too see that you're going to put it to good use!

Simone said...

I've awarded you the Honest Scrap Award!
check out my blog to find out what it's all about:
http://simoneshomebaked.blogspot.com/