Sunday, October 19, 2008

Interview with featured etsian Daisy Wares


Tell us who you are and where we can find you online
My name is Roni and I own Daisy Wares. I make vegan jewelry and Bath & Body products. My Etsy shop is http://www.daisywares.etsy.com and my other website is http://www.daisywares.net. You can visit my blog at http://www.daisywares.blogspot.com

How long have you been selling on etsy? I just celebrated my one year anniversary on Oct. 9th.

What is it that you specialize in, what do you sell? I use mostly gemstones and Swarovski Crystals in my jewelry. Though lately I've been getting into hand-stamping on Sterling Silver & Copper discs. These would be pendants on chain, rubber cord or cotton cord. I can customize the pendants. I also make Scrabble tile pendants, those can be customized to if you email me a picture. Besides all that, I also make vegan bath & body products such as lotions, body & facial scrubs, lip balms and perfumes. I use the best essential oils (some are organic), my main carrier oil is Sweet Almond Oil and I have Dead Sea Salt and Vegan Sugar for my scrubs.

One random fact about you
Well Molly from Vegan Etsy and I have something in common we just found out. We both love to step on leaves in the fall and hearing them crunch! :)



What 1 animal would you most like to snuggle up with?
I have a 92 pound Boxer mix. When my husband is away she gets to sleep in the bed with me and we spoon. She is the perfect size for it.

Do you support animals with your work in any way?
Absolutely. It's my main reason for my work. I give 10% of my sales to The Animal Place, http://www.animalplace.org. They rescue farm animals from abuse and neglect. They also help in dog rescues and spaying/neutering in Mexico where the dog population is getting out of control. Also I try to help people understand that you don't need animal by-products in your jewelry or bath & body items. I support veganism by promoting my vegan line.

What etsy groups are you part of that you would like to get the word out about?
One thing I am very very excited about is you can now buy sampler packs at the Vegan Etsy shop. http:www.veganetsy.etsy.com. All the vegan artist have donated items to sell in the sampler packs. Each pack has 8 to 10 vegan items such as jewelry and lip balms, bookmarks, coupons etc.
I also belong to Etsy for Animals, Cruely Free Etsy, Etsy Veg and Etsy for Charity.

Do you have any animal companions?
If so what are their names (please include photos if you can)
Oh boy, I hope you have enough room for this,
Dogs: Sadey & Molly
Cats: George, Bitsy, Roy, Jack, Pepper, Maggie & Tom
Pictures can be found here: http://daisywares.blogspot.com/2008/07/allow-me-to-introduce-my-family-to-you.html

Anything else you want to add?
For any Californian's reading this, please vote YES on Prop. 2. To qoute from the website, http://www.yesonprop2.com/index.php "Californians for Humane Farms is the proud sponsor of the Prevention of Farm Animal Cruelty Act, an initiative that will appear on California's November 2008 ballot. It is cruel and inhumane to confine animals in cages so small they can’t turn around or stretch their limbs. All animals deserve humane treatment, including those raised for food. Vote YES on Prop #2 to protect animals from unacceptable abuse."

6 comments:

Emma's K9 Kitchen said...

I was crunching a lot of leaves today! Great interview, Roni!! xoxo

Vegan Girl said...

Hey you saw this before I could tell you about it Molly!

Thanks so much!

This Is It! Creations said...

Awesome interview, Roni! :)

Vegan Girl said...

Thanks Jodi

kim* said...

watermelon lip balm mmm mmm mmm

Paper Girl Productions said...

love that pendant at the end! great feature!