Friday, September 5, 2008

what a day

Yesterday was spent peeling, seeding and canning 40 pounds of tomatoes...it was quite the project. If I could get my camera working I was going to take photos of the entire thing and post the process. So after we did all the canning we made a HUGE batch of pesto to freeze! It is delicious, and today I am going to freeze a bunch of the pesto in ice cube trays!

it will look something like that! Such a creative idea that a farmer at the market told me about! Then you can take the pesto out in cubes and freeze them, its like individual servings! Since tomorrow is my birthday, we have a lot of cleaning to do around the house before the party.

We just got new neighbors upstairs, and I am already terribly annoyed. I think landlords should consult with their current tenants before moving a family with 8 children in above them. As if the annoying running jumping and playing isnt enough, they arent friendly, and they parked at the end of the driveway last night, so if I didnt get ahold of a neighbor I would have had to park in the street and get a ticket. The same neighbor also had their car windows smashed out by two of the children when they lived in a different house on our block. So I guess I will be selling my truck even faster, and maybe try to park it at grammas until it sells. Isnt it common courtesy to realize there are other people in your house, that might want to use the 5 car driveway as well? Well I am over the negativity, and moving on to the nice things about today. I believe Jessi and I will be taking a bike ride to our favorite spot and gathering some wild edibles, wow do I need a new camera!

3 comments:

TheresaJ said...

That's great. I freeze pesto like this as well, as well as many other things. One personal favorite is fresh squeeze lemon juice. Great way to always have lemon juice on hand to drop into a glass of ice water, or when you just need a little concentrated juice. Also, when my kids were babies (19 and 22 now), this is how I made all of their baby food. I would cook everything myself, then puree it, and then freeze it in ice cube trays. Each cube was a perfect little serving.

HolisticallyHeather said...

thats a great idea with the baby food! my sister just had her first baby, i wish i could convince her to do things on her own for my niece...but im sure everything will be store bought

Olga said...

This is a great article and a great post - definitely very helpful to women who are seeking information in preserving pesto or other food & beverage products. Definitely informative!

I would also like to suggest this site: Olga's Relief. You might find some valuable information regarding Woman's health and Issues. Cheers!