Tuesday, September 23, 2008

update time!

Well lets see, I got a new sewing machine, its a serger. I am so excited about it but I cant for the life of me get the thing threaded...so if anyone that reads this knows how,please help a sister out! I also took photos of my workspace to share with ya'al...so you can get an idea of where the "magic" happens!


What did I do after setting up my sewing area and incorporating my new machine? Jessi and I redid our counter top in our kitchen, using our own money of course. Our landlord is such a slumlord, theres no way he would replace the nasty old counter we had before, it was used as a cutting board and was full of grime..use your imagination! I couldnt take it any longer, so we acquired some floor tiles and redid it!



It looks sooo much better, I wish I would have thought to take some before photos, but trust me, you dont want to see them! So now we are about to hop on our bikes and head to Beijing House for some yummy vegan lo mein! I will be a photo taking fool as soon as I get my own camera again, this borrowing nonsense kinda sucks...they are never home and it takes forever to get the photos online! But its better than nothing <3

9 comments:

Jen said...

It looks great (especially all over you)! Looks like you had fun doing it!!!

-10oneworld on etsy

TERI REES WANG said...

How smart of you to work with what you have, and put out the best you can, and not wait for the landlord man!

Come by, I have a great vegan
"Summer Surrender" fruit salad for you! http://terireeswang.blogspot.com/

And I added the "Follow this blog" button to make it easy. You may want to add it too.

SewMuchDetail said...

Oh my goodness, love the sewing room and you are going to love the serger!! Just keep practicing on the threading, it will become second nature!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Marilyn said...

I wish I could help you but I'm terrible with a needle and thread. Great job with the counter top!

Fancy said...

I like the countertop!

Conscientia's Cameos said...

looks snazzy!!

Debra said...

Oh I know about threading a serger....I have one too. Just play around with it and you will get it.

Liz said...

I'm so jealous you got a serger! I'm still saving my pennies for that day :)

kim* said...

so fun to get a new machine or tool for your craft, isnt it? :)