Sunday, July 27, 2008

starry starry night

Check out this cute tote that I just made, I am really proud of it and I think I have finally perfected my tote design! This is made from an upcycled curtain and an upcycled tee shirt.

This bag comes with a little pouch to put your reusable pads or other small items in! I really think that this is my nicest tote yet, and I am really excited to watch my skill level increasing! The handle on the front looks more blue in the photo but it is a dark purple that matches the star material.

Vegan Reuben recipe

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees

you will need

rye bread, vegenaise, ketchup, relish, saurkraut, vegan cheese slices (tofutti is best)

1 1/2 c. vital wheat gluten

1/4c. nutritional yeast

2 t. paprika 1/4 t. cinnamon 1/4 t. cum 1/4 t. pepper 1/4 t. cayenne

1/8 t. allspice

3/4 c. water 4T tomato paste 2T braggs (soy sauce) 2T olive oil 3 chopped garlic cloves




Mix all of the dry ingredients, then add the wet...if you need more water you can up to 2 T extra. Mix and knead until it is loaflike. Wrap in tinfoil, twist the ends, bake for an hour and a half. While you are waiting you can make the 1,000 vegans dressing..I just mix equal parts vegenaise and ketchup...add a couple T. of relish...really this is all based on your taste! When the loaf is done, take it out to cool. Then I start grilling the rye bread with the cheese on it to get it warm, add the saurkraut to the bread..and then slice the "pastrami" up and put in on the sandwhich until it is warm and crispy! Pull it from the stove and drizzle your 1000 vegans dressing on top...Eat up! It is DELICIOUS!

For more awesome vegan recipes check out Easy Vegan Recipes

8 comments:

kim* said...

you should try vegan french toast with banana mmmm

HolisticallyHeather said...

that sounds delicious!

Luvkids334 said...

Love the tote and pad holder, the colors are gorgeous.

Leslie said...

mmmm sounds really good--- i will have to try it out and add to my Veg-convert-recipe collection ;) thanx heather!

one luv,
-les.

tattytiara said...

That is a great little tote - cute and clearly sturdy, too.

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

mmmmm that sounds (and looks) delish!! Also, your tote looks wonderful! love the purple!

Estela said...

you did a wonderful job on the tote!!

Double Dipped Sweets said...

That sounds delish!